Some people like the bitter taste of the beer, while most of them don’t, and they always are trying to find a way to make it a bit less bitter and a bit more drinkable. We like them either way, the bitterness of the cold beer in the summertime is the most refreshing thing ever, but some mixes can taste very good too.
For those of you that would like to know how to make beer taste better, we have a few tricks that you can use. You can even use this method to make the cheap beer taste much better.
- Asobu's Frosty Beer 2 Go is the ultimate beer chiller combination for beer bottles as well as beer and soda cans
- The Vacuum Insulated Double walled stainless steel construction and no sweat guarantees a frosty cold beer for hours on end
- Complete with a built in Beer Bottle opener this fantastic cooler has got everything you need to enjoy your beer
- Perfect size for any beer can or bottle and for standard car cup holders so forget about the mug you can enjoy your favorite beer at a...
- Available in Black or Silver so you can get this for yourself or as a much appreciated gift for any beer lover
- Best beer Kit for Beginners - our beer kits are designed for the first-time brewer in mind. Step-by-step instructions, simple ingredients...
- Only takes 30 minutes to brew up a batch - using our hopped Malt extract you can brew up a batch of beer in less than 30 minutes. This kit...
- Includes the best ingredients to get started - brewing with Mr. Beer's hopped Malt extracts are perfect for any brewer. Whether it's your...
- Comes with everything you need - besides common kitchen items Our beer Kit comes with everything you need to brew your first batch of beer....
- Ready to drink beer in 3-4 weeks - with our simple and efficient design of the brewing process you can be drinking great tasting craft beer...
- No More Warm Beer: advanced cooling technology make you can enjoy a cold tasty beer by freeze the sticks for 45 minutes.
- FDA Grade Material: Kollea stainless steel beer chiller made from 304 stainless steel materials, truly safe for human beings.
- Gift Box Package: perfect to be a unique Christmas, New Year, Thanksgiving, Anniversary, Father's Day, Valentine's day, Birthday Gift for...
- Wide Variety Uses: beer chiller for bottles is awesome for parties, tailgating, camping, events or anytime you want to chill out with your...
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed: if you meet any problem, please feel free to contact Kollea service, we'll always standing behind our...
1. Add Some Citrus
This method might already be familiar to you if you ever tried corona. We think the two types of bitter flavors of beer and lemon is a great combo. Try squeezing a lemon into your beer and give it a try, it’s one of the best ideas for summertime refreshment.
You don’t have to stop at lemons, try oranges and limes as well. But, don’t try this method with dark beers, it will only make it taste worse, this only works with light beers.
2. Mix It With Soda
Any light colored soda can help make the beer taste better. Why this blend can be so good is because the beer will have a sweeter taste, but it won’t lose the carbonation. You might try to mix dark beer with dark soda, Coca-Cola for example.
Light beers match well with Ginger Ale, Sprite, and Mountain Dew. Match the light drink with light drink and the taste should be great.
3. Beer With Salt
With the tradition of putting the lime in beer in Mexico, the salt comes along naturally. Although we like the citrus beer with lime or lemon only, salt can make the taste of the beer crispier.
There are even some beers that are premade this way, and you can find them in stores.
4. Mix It With Apple Juice
The combination of beer and sweet beverage is called Shandy. The English way of making a Shandy is adding the apple juice, with the general 50/50 recipe. Pour half a glass of beer and fill the other half with apple juice. It reduces the carbonation and the bitterness, making the beer much easier to drink.
5. Beer With Grapefruit Juice
Even though grapefruit is bitter too, the blend tastes great, and it gives the beer a refreshing tone to it. The ratio is different in comparison to the apple juice mix, in this case, pour 1/4 of the glass with beer and the rest with grapefruit juice. Some people even like to add the ice, but we wouldn’t recommend putting ice in any form of beer.
6. Campari And Beer
The combination of bitter and orange flavor makes a great drink even when made with some cheap beers. You can even throw a lime into the mix, and make it even more refreshing. You can make this cocktail by adding a splash of Campari to the large beer. Add even more Campari if you like the taste.
You want your beer to taste better, and you love the flavor of Margarita? No problem! Mix them together to soothe the bitter taste in beer with Margarita’s sweet flavors. The rule of mixing and the recipe goes by the taste; you can go for 50/50 mix or 40/60, 40 being the Margarita. Or any other way according to your taste, add the Margarita gradually and taste the mix each time.
8. Strawberry Beer
The best way to soothe the bitterness of the beer is by adding fresh fruit with a sweet flavor. One of the best choices is strawberries. You can add them fresh, just slice them in half or in quarters. One more great idea is to freeze the slices and add them to the beer while frozen. They will gradually release their flavor and keep the drink cool as well.
9. Beer Bloody Mary
If you like a Bloody Mary, try mixing it with beer and enjoy the results. You can even add just a shot of tomato juice instead of a premade cocktail. The tomato juice will make the beer a bit softer and easier to drink. The natural sweetness of the tomato will blend with beer’s bitterness very well.
10. Sugar Water Beer
Sweeten the beer up with a simple syrup; it’s an easy and quick way to make it easier to drink and less bitter. This is one of the simplest solutions we have to offer, and it works great for those of you who find the bitterness of the beer hard to handle.
11. Creamed Dark Beer
Enough with the light beer mixes, what about us who would like to make the dark beer taste better? Some of you are probably asking. Well, this one is for you, try adding creamers to your glass of beer, it blends so well with dark beers. The creamer makes the beer lighten, and it reduces its bitterness. To make the drink more alcoholic, add Bailey’s Irish Cream.
12. Throwing Liqueurs Into The Mix
Liqueurs are mostly sweet and thick. They go well both with light and dark beers, although we would recommend to try them with dark beer first, then give it a go with light ones if you like it.
Almost any liqueur goes well with beer, the simplest way to choose is to try the mix with your favorite liqueur. Keep in mind that the ones with sweet and fruit flavors will make the best choice.
Since the beer is low in alcohol volume, you can safely add liquors to it. Not too much, of course, because you won’t feel the strength of the drink that much, and you will end up wondering how did you get so drunk. Try the Bacardi Limon and beer mix, or pour yourself a glass of beer and add the shot of Fireball in it.
A lot of beers taste bad, mostly because they are low-quality beers, but a lot of people like the refreshment properties of the beer, but don’t like the bitter taste. Some are even bitterer than the others. Try one of these tricks now that you know the ways how to make beer taste better.